10 Facebook Post Ideas To Increase Engagement
If you’re looking to revamp your Facebook strategy, you must ensure you’re posting engaging content that your audience enjoys. Engaging content is the key to increasing reach and interaction with your Facebook Page. If you’re curious about what you should post on your business Facebook Page that will resonate with your audience, we’ve put together a list of 10 different Facebook post ideas that are guaranteed to help increase engagement.
1. Ask questions One great way to start conversations with your audience is by simply asking questions. It seems so basic, and you shouldn’t use this for every post, but it’s still a powerful strategy.
Think creatively about the types of questions you can ask. You can work to get genuine audience and customer input on business decisions. Or you can ask random questions that are relevant to your industry in an attempt to get more engagement on your post.
Consider how you can also ask your audience relevant questions that are fun and easy to respond to. You may even generate future content ideas from their responses. 2. Behind-the-Scenes Another great Facebook content idea is sharing behind-the-scenes (BTS) photos of your business. There are many ways to do this. Show how products are made, introduce your employees, or include bloopers of other videos or campaigns.
Consider ways that your business can get on a more personal level to share unique content and behind-the-scenes photos or stories with your Facebook audience. 3. Trending topics One great way to increase reach and engagement is to post about trending topics people are talking about. Not only can this increase your chances of appearing in feeds, but people will be more likely to comment on and share your posts as well.
Our example here is a post by Royals' Facebook Page jumping on the trending topic of staying home and social distancing.
4. Branded graphics Another great post idea – that honestly is perfect for every single online platform – is creating branded graphics with your company’s logo, fonts, and colors incorporated. These are perfect because they’re so versatile! Share quotes, memes, motivational sayings, relevant tips, and more all in various branded graphics. And these don’t all have to have the same style, either. Bring various shades of your brand colors into the graphics to help them all look unique, add shapes, and even use icons or illustrations to help visualize what your text says.
Create your own branded graphics to share all across social media. Don’t forget to optimize your graphics based on each platform’s optimal image sizes. 5. Tell stories Get personal with your audience. Telling stories is a great way to connect with your Facebook followers on a different level. And your story will depend on how small your business is. This is a great example of a story told by a solopreneur, whose business surrounds her personal brand. While these types of businesses do make it easier to get personal with storytelling, there are other ways to make this work for nearly any brand.
Tell your own stories of how your business came to be, share hard parts of being a business owner or even allow your social media manager to have fun with their role and be real about their own jobs (to a point). 6. Videos Facebook loves when users post videos, and they even have an entire “Watch” section dedicated to video alone. This is why videos are great Facebook post ideas to improve your strategy. Create and share them often, whether they’re basic stop motion videos, informational videos, educational videos or another type altogether.
Here’s a good example of a fun stop motion video from Campbell’s that helps engage users and create good feelings around their brand.
7. Product photos This one probably seems obvious. Of course, you want to share your product photos on your business Facebook post. But highlight your products in creative ways in order to have effective Facebook posts. How can you showcase your products with or without someone modeling them? Think about flatlays, themes related to upcoming holidays, or use or application shots and more.
Come up with beautiful ways to share your own product photos to make them as enticing as possible, increasing both engagement and conversions.
8 . Blog posts A tried and true Facebook post idea that will never go away: sharing your company’s blog posts. Why? First of all, content marketing is just as important as social media marketing , so you’re probably already creating both types of content. And second, this means you have free content to share on social media that can lead to even more clicks to your content. Content and social media just work together.
9. Discounts and sales In the same vein, share any major sales or offering discounts you may be running. This can be especially fun if you create flash sales or Facebook-only discounts for your followers. It’s a great way to reward people for liking your Facebook Page. Here’s an example from Kaleidoscope Paints sharing a big sale they had going on for Facebook followers during Christmas 2019.
10. Post at optimal times While this is less of a content idea, it’s still a good Facebook posting tip in general. Make sure you share your Facebook posts at times when your audience is online and engaged, or you could miss out on a lot of interaction.
While we previously found that Wednesday from 11 a.m. and 1–2 p.m. were the best times to post on Facebook, and Wednesday was a peak day overall, our updated review showed that activity was more consistently high throughout every weekday. Currently, the best times to post on Facebook are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10–11 a.m. In fact, every day at 11 a.m. was a slight peak compared to the rest of the day.
Create Your Own Awesome Facebook Posts Ready to put these Facebook post ideas to the test? Start creating and scheduling content to your own business Facebook page.